Monday, August 24, 2015

Train Consist


When the light-bulb went off in my head of what I was going to build and model, I pretty much had the required rolling stock on hand.  I guess in the back of my mind I was subconsciously thinking of Calico Ghost Town years earlier without realizing it.  The Calico & Odessa uses small ore cars very similar to those made by LGB for the late Ward Kimball Grizzly Flats Railroad train set.  I had purchased a few of these years ago to go behind the little red “Cricket” so they fit in perfectly.


I needed a small caboose to complete the train.  That was accomplished through an Ozark Miniatures caboose from their mining collection of rolling stock.  Again – a perfect fit.  I ordered it and that was a winter project in preparation for the 2013 construction.  With some minor modifications, it now looks closer to the caboose on the real C&O.


No comments:

Post a Comment